- Shoes/Gel Inserts
- Extra fancy outfit for Galas/Award Ceremonies
- Work out clothes/Swimsuit
- Pillow/Neck Pillow/Snugglie–haha, but seriously
- Light Sweater (Conference rooms can be cold, then really hot)
Because of the personal nature of these items, it’s tough to make a complete list, so I’ll just say this:
- Contacts! Solution! Glasses!
- Hair supplies
The Corner of Happy and Good Idea!
- Pain Meds (For headaches/sore feet)
- No-doz/Sleep Aide, depending
- Heartburn meds
- Anxiety meds, if needed
- Extra fiber (Travel much?)
- Band aides–paper cut! Blisters!
- Moleskin, because blisters!
- Eye mask/Earplugs
- Hand sanitizer/wet wipes/stain stick
- Hand lotion
- Lip Balm
The Write Stuff
- Laptop–Seriously. Bring it.
- Charging chords/mouse/thumb drive
- Business Cards
- Money for the book store!
- Printed Copies of materials needed, like queries
- Books you own already that you’d like to have signed if the author is attending
- Extra suitcase, if you buy a lot of books in the bookstore and need to get them home
- Print out of hotel reservation
- Email important documents to yourself to ensure you have copies
- Consider attaching a business card to phone/camera in case it gets misplaced
- Drink plenty of water
The Foodie Necessities
- Water Bottle
- Personal Snacks/Chocolate/Candy
- Breakfast items to put in mini fridge (Classes start early!)
- Dress purse for fancy night out
- Cash for tips, vending machines
- Extension cord (Esp. if you’re sharing a room…4 women, one bathroom)
- Extra hangers for hanging all your nice clothes in the closet
- Pins/Stickers you might have for lanyard
- Sharpie marker and tape for labeling shipping boxes
- A mini-wheeled cart (if you need to transport promo or books around)
- Kindle, if you prefer it over the app on your phone