- Shoes/Gel Inserts
- Extra fancy outfit for Galas/Award Ceremonies
- Work out clothes/Swimsuit
- Pillow/Neck Pillow/Snugglie–haha, but seriously
- Light Sweater (Conference rooms can be cold, then really hot)
Because of the personal nature of these items, it’s tough to make a complete list, so I’ll just say this:
- Contacts! Solution! Glasses!
- Hair supplies
The Corner of Happy and Good Idea!
- Pain Meds (For headaches/sore feet)
- No-doz/Sleep Aide, depending
- Heartburn meds
- Anxiety meds, if needed
- Extra fiber (Travel much?)
- Band aides–paper cut! Blisters!
- Moleskin, because blisters!
- Eye mask/Earplugs
- Hand sanitizer/wet wipes/stain stick
- Hand lotion
- Lip Balm
The Write Stuff
- Laptop–Seriously. Bring it.
- Charging chords/mouse/thumb drive
- Business Cards
- Money for the book store!
- Printed Copies of materials needed, like queries
- Books you own already that you’d like to have signed if the author is attending
- Extra suitcase, if you buy a lot of books in the bookstore and need to get them home
- Print out of hotel reservation
- Email important documents to yourself to ensure you have copies
- Consider attaching a business card to phone/camera in case it gets misplaced
- Drink plenty of water
The Foodie Necessities
- Water Bottle
- Personal Snacks/Chocolate/Candy
- Breakfast items to put in mini fridge (Classes start early!)
- Dress purse for fancy night out
- Cash for tips, vending machines
- Extension cord (Esp. if you’re sharing a room…4 women, one bathroom)
- Extra hangers for hanging all your nice clothes in the closet
- Pins/Stickers you might have for lanyard
- Sharpie marker and tape for labeling shipping boxes
- A mini-wheeled cart (if you need to transport promo or books around)
- Kindle, if you prefer it over the app on your phone
You can bring whatever you’d like to the conference, but you’re also going to do some hiking even if you stay at the hotel where the conference is being held–so think like a backpacker. Consider what is truly needed rather than what isn’t, and leave the rest in at home or in your hotel room. Keep in mind that there is likely to be some swag and that some conferences may provide a tote bag to carry papers and such around with you.